Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Origami Cat and Mouse

I find that the two dimensional images in an origami book can be quite challenging for young children. So to simplify the instructions I make each step from a separate piece of paper and mount it on card stock. I bind the cards with a ring clip to make it easy to flip. Here are two example we currently have out on our shelves. The mouse (or hamster) which is fairly simple and the cat which is very simple.













































































5 comments:

Patty said...

That is such a great idea! We always have oragami paper, but I find that it can be challenging for a young child. I will be using this in my classroom! Thanks for sharing!

mayaluna said...

What a great way to make origami accessible to the very young. Love this idea!

P.S. Montessori said...

This is somewhat unrelated to your post, but I just wanted to let you know that I just found your blog and really enjoy it! I went to Cornell too, and now teach Montessori in DC Public Schools.(See my blog for stories!) I love the fact that you make your own furniture, and I love how you have set up your classroom. One day, I hope to have my own school. Thanks for letting me in on your world :)

Amy said...

I am so glad I saw this. Great idea!!

N from the Learning Ark said...

Thanks for sharing this. I was just about to set up an origami activity in my Montessori classroom and I'll use a few of your ideas if you don't mind.